Friday, July 22, 2011

Son of Aurelius - The Farthest Reaches Deluxe Edition Tracks


Son Of Aurelius - The Farthest Reaches (2010) has been uploaded before by Tagroth Witchlover (Here). He also wrote a great review for one of my favorite albums from one of my most beloved bands. The deluxe edition was released quite some time ago but the only version of the deluxe tracks I've found is this one. The audio quality is good but the volume is quite loud which can be a bother at times. Believe me when I say it is worth it though! For instance, Divine Are Slain is ridiculously good with lovely riffage and soloing, a usage of double bass burst patterns that induces auto ejaculation and a bass that is both audible and really catchy.

If you're not familiar with Son Of Aurelius, they play a progressive technical death metal that is very melodic with exciting influences yet it still has a powerful and brutal touch to its fast paced, technical songs. They write solos the way they should be written, perfectly. There is nothing more than praise I can give these guys. And not enough so.