Tuesday, July 12, 2011

KarlahaN - A Portrait Of Life (2009)

KarlahaN formed in a 2004 and play there own brand of Symphonic Melodeath with minor folk influences. The vocalist has got his rasps down as he flows really well with the instruments. I especially like his use of an almost a whisper rasp, which actually gives me an awesome eerie chill every time I hear a vocalist do that (à la Varg). The symphonic sound kinda reminds you of later Equilibrium but does have a fresher feel. This band is still young as this is their debut LP but they mesh the Symphonic and melodeath sound so well that personally I almost liked this album better than Rekreatur. Currently these guys are unsigned which fathoms me as they clearly have all the pieces to release an awesome follow up. Thumbs up and a thanks to Tid, great suggestion. I was listening to these guys all last night whilst playing Battlefield. A solid 8/10 listening experience.

  • Quality: 320 kbps MP3 / CBR