Friday, March 2, 2012

Lunar Aurora - Hoagascht (2012)


Here's the first release in five years from very German, half-way-to-atmospheric black metal, two-man operation Lunar Aurora. I've never 'dug' these guys in the past so I can't provide much context for this album, but on its own I can tell you that it is fucking good. Low tempo, tasteful synths, good production that manages to not sound too good, if you know what I mean - all in the "German black metal sans blast beats" style.
There isn't much that stands out on this album, but in a good way - everything fits extraordinarily well.
If you're into Sun of the Blind, Geist, and Trist, you should dig.

Quality: v0 scene
Encyclopaedia Metallum
Rate Your Music
Last.fm
Facebook
Myspace

Download: Mirrorcreator

If anyone is interested in the other full lengths as well just say something in the comments and I'll post them.