Monday, January 2, 2012

Lamb of God - Resolution (2012)

Well, there I was, thinking what a great New Years Eve present this is. I mean, I love everything LoG did pre-Wrath and had really high hopes for this one.

What I got is a bunch of experiments with a weird gritty production that doesn't really suit them. I was denied the basic chugga-chugga riffs and in return I got Randy singing clean vocals and over-abusing his screams. Oh, and if that wasn't enough, he even went through auto-tune a couple of times.

Don't get me wrong, there are probably a couple of great songs in there, I just haven't found them yet. It's just one of those albums you have to torture yourself with in order to find something worthy. And when you do, you'll instantly forget the rest of the album and never listen to it again.

The best conclusion I can make out of this is that the cowboys are trying too hard rather than just blast themselves with fun music.

- EARLY LEAKED UNMIXED VERSION (APPARENTLY) -