Friday, June 8, 2012

Black Sheep Wall - No Matter Where it Ends (2012)

I've had this for about two weeks but couldn't post it due to the lack of internets in my apartment. The internet has been restored, so I'm back to post some shit.

It's the new album from THIS band, also known as one of the most bonecrushingly heavy sludge outfits today. It sounds less abrasive than the previous one, a bit more 'traditional' sounding. I'd say it's clearer, a bit softer, and more approachable. It's also slower and focuses more on atmosphere and immersion. The previous one was a lot more dynamic and packed a bigger punch with its gritty sound, I found this one a bit monotonous at times, but it did have its moments.

Although I prefer I am God Songs, No Matter Where it Ends isn't a bad album, just different in a way I didn't quite expect.