Friday, September 9, 2011

Einherjer - Norrøn (2011)

Einherjer are kings amoung men in the viking metal scene. They helped formed the sound and in a lot of ways created a following that those such as myself have taken a liking to. There last album was released 8 years ago and shortly after that they broke up.

Anticipation plays a large role in entertainment and unfortunately music isn't exempt from this. If I had a nickel for every time I though a new album coming out would be the "big cheese" of the year, it more often than not falls short. That's not to say this album was all that bad it just didn't measure up to there previous one (Blot). I did like a few tracks off this album and I especially liked some of the throwback guitar work that felt reminiscent of some classic rock guitar work. Nothing groundbreaking going on here in there triumphant reunion but it is still none the less a solid album.