Monday, September 26, 2011

The Atlas Moth - An Ache for the Distance (2011)

Ache for the Distance is some doomy shit. I'll just get that right out there. When this album was kicked my way, I was expecting something a little more in the vein of stoner/sludge. Not that my expectation was wrong, there is plenty of sludge and even some stoner sound on this album, it's just that what hits hardest is the doom to the point where certain tracks sound like a cross between Isis and Colosseum. That said, the second track might have you checking to make sure you didn't accidentally queue up Holy Mountain.

To be perfectly honest, my first listen of this didn't make me real exited about this album. You might have the same feeling. If you do, at least give this a full listen through to the last track; that one makes the album. It was a crime to put it so late on the album.


Encyclopaedia Metallum
Last.fm
Bandcamp
Download: multiupload