Sunday, July 24, 2011

NightCreepers - Svingeheim (2009)

NightCreepers is a folk metal band from Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France that formed in 2003. To date they have released 1 album, 2 EP's and 1 split album. This kicks some serious ass from start to finish. They open with an awesome, majestic and folksy guitar intro which really sets the tone for the rest of the album. There sound is kind of similar to "Alestorm" but with a much darker edge and less symphonic sounds. The vocals have a unique rasp to them which linger with you during there bombastic recess in most songs."Set Sails" and "The Treasure Hunter" are my favourites off this album though I honestly still can't decide on a clear front runner. The level of musicianship presented by "NightCreepers" is so high that for a debut album, it makes this even more impressive.

This actually passed me by when it first came out quite simply because I didn't have an awesome blog such as this to inform me of it. Another definite 9/10 from me.

  • Quality: V0 MP3 / VBR