Saturday, August 28, 2010

Allegaeon - Fragments of Form and Function (2010)


Allegaeon is an American melodic technical death metal band that play a fast paced modern sounding melo tech death. In modern sounding I mean that the drums and guitars are pronounced in, well, the 21st century way! The sound is very crisp, I for one love many different kinds of productions and sounds and this one is no exception.
Anyway, fuck the production and just listen to the fast awesome riffs accompanied by the ear-blasting drums. The fills and solos are amazing too; if you need proof of their musicianship just listen to Biomech - Vals No. 666. It is such a complete song where they show that they have a sweet progressive side to them as well. The God Particle is pure earpron too.
They have put in real thought into their song creation, actually making the whole album eargasmic. I can't wait for another release from this young refreshing band and I hope I get the chance to see them live sometime.